Search This Blog

Sunday 26 July 2009

Good Morning HK!




Well after two years of nagging my company to send me out to the presently hot and very humid Hong Kong, they finally caved!!



I moved into a great new apartment half way up the peak almost 2 weeks ago and despite lacking a bit of furniture, I have the essentials - sofa, bed, glasses and the all important eurocave!



So, celebration time it is - (and in my gorgeous Swaraovski flutes kindly bought by my lovely fiance as a house warming gift) - a bit of Bolli NV to start - always a reliably good drink. This was followed by a bottle of one of my favourite wines this year, Cupole di Trinoro 06 from the very talented and fantastically suave Andrea Franchetti. The blend is 47% Cabernet Franc, 30% Cabernet Sauvignon, 13,5% Merlot and 9.5% Petit Verdot. It is a profound ruby-cherry in colour. The nose reveals vibrant, aromatic, black and red fruit, accessible and inviting, with earthy undertones. The palate offers some violet freshness, autumnal fruit and cassis with a creamed, silk texture and a complementary, beautifully integrated tannic structure. God, I love this stuff, especially paired with a bit of roast, Chinese duck !






No comments:

Post a Comment